X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
Product Manager, Mineral
Mineral’s mission is to discover the intelligence of plantkind to feed and protect humankind. Our technology embraces the complexity of nature, unlocking agriculture data so the world can reimagine sustainable food production. This means leveraging advanced technology and use of AI across the total plant ecosystem to turn complex data into understandings that enable greater efficiency, productivity and sustainability.
Agriculture background preferred but not required — just the curiosity and passion to learn. If you are excited to make a difference in global food production and have a positive impact on climate change, we’d love to talk with you.
This is an opportunity to come in at the ground level and help define a product for an early stage team innovating quickly at the intersection of agriculture, machine learning, and edge computing. We are working to push the boundaries of what is possible in a rapidly evolving field. There is no roadmap here. You’ll need to identify the opportunities and help create the products that transform this space.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Apply product management best practices to creatively solve complex, ambiguous, and novel problems using software.
- Work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary science and engineering team, operating as a connecting point between engineering, operations, business, and external partners.
- Develop a highly ambitious yet practical roadmap for commercializing our breakthrough technologies.
- “Roll up your sleeves” and get stuff done as a member of the product team.
- Help build digital infrastructure to democratize access to tools to spur innovation in the industry.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- BA/BS degree in engineering or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated product management expertise to translate user and market needs into software product and platform requirements
- Experience shipping software products by following software development lifecycle methodologies,
- Demonstrated ability to to take initiative, prioritize, and multi-task in ambiguous environments
- Experience working with machine learning products.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAD THESE:
We’re looking for an experienced software product manager with demonstrated talent for strategy, creativity, and execution. Past experience bridging software engineering with hardware, sensors, or other domains is a plus.
- Masters Degree in engineering a plus
- Startup experience, or equivalent experience on early stage software teams
- 5+ years of product management experience, including software products
- Experience working on enterprise products
- Experience working with geospatial and/or computer vision based products
- Agriculture background
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $130,000 - $199,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.