X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the Team:
Chorus intends to transform the way we make, move and manage the worlds’ goods.
You will be a Machine Learning Software Engineer that will be part of a team of ML & Data Scientists. This opportunity allows you to work collaboratively with Engineering and Product Development to develop and deploy ML driven solutions into multiple markets.
How you will make 10X impact:
- Be an active software engineer on one or more projects at any given time
- Rapidly develop prototypes to evaluate the feasibility of a project
- Work with Technical Leads and Product Managers to review overall plans for various related projects
- Work with the TLs or independently to establish system design
What you should have:
- 2 - 5 years in-depth experience in Data Science and and building scalable Machine Learning algorithms
- Experience developing ML models with diverse data sets and integrating them into software applications
- Experienced iterating on existing ML models and establishing data engineering processes
- Experience with backend engineering
- BS in Computer Science or Mathematics with 2 - 5 years of experience in software engineering, or equivalent work experience.
It’d be great if you also had these:
- 2 - 5 years experience with applied machine learning,
- In-depth understanding of deep neural networks, supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms
- Track record of deploying algorithms in production environment
- Solid written and verbal communication skills and openness to working full-stack
- Thrives in fast paced work environments, and demonstrated personal passion to apply talents towards solving big global problems
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $148,000 - $227,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.