X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
THE FOUNDATION OF AN AMAZING JOURNEY
Our goal at X is to make the world a radically better place. In order to do that we seek fresh unexpected perspectives, from different fields, and that’s why we’re excited about you.
Life here isn’t easy, but it’s fun. We’re trying to build things most people can’t even imagine, and we’re doing it with the hope of making a huge, positive impact on the world. You’ll be embedded into a moonshot project, where you’ll partner with team members to solve key challenges.
This isn’t your ordinary internship. You’ll be positively challenged and pushed professionally, in ways that you may have never experienced. If this excites you - keep reading.
DURING YOUR INTERNSHIP YOU CAN EXPECT:
- To be placed on one of our confidential or public X projects
- To get paid competitively and with Google benefits
- To be part of a lively community of other Interns and Residents
- To addend colloquium and discussions with team leads from across Google, DeepMind and external organizations
- Location: X's headquarters in Mountain View, CA
- Start Date(s): Year-round rolling basis
- Duration: a flexible 4 mo. to 1 year program based on project team needs and your availability
- Must be enrolled in an academic program and working towards completing a Masters or PhD degree program
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON:
We are seeking a talented utility scale power electronics expert to help us expand our orchestration/control capability.As a utility scale power electronics expert you will...
- Develop codes and algorithms for control/orchestration of the electric system.
- Simulate and design innovative control/orchestration concepts from prototyping stage to implementation.
- Current graduate student pursuing PhD or equivalent in a STEM field such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or a related field with a strong interest in power electronics.
- Experienced in Power Electronics: Topologies, Controls, Magnetics, Thermals, Devices including WBG devices.
- Interest, preferably passion, for decarbonization of the global economy via increased electrification.
- Some familiarity with grid-forming, grid-following, microgrid controls.
- Have knowledge of the modern control systems.
- Have knowledge of the network and communication protocols.
- Have familiarity with hardware and processor architectures.
The US base salary range for this role is between $108,000 - $127,000 + benefits. Your recruiter will share more about the specific salary range for your targeted location during the hiring process.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.