X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the Team:
Chorus intends to transform the way we make, move and manage the worlds’ goods.
About the role:
You will be an firmware engineer on the engineering team, working cross functionally to develop application software and hardware products for our customers and partners. This opportunity allows you to work collaboratively with internal and external teams to deploy solutions into multiple markets.
How you will make 10X impact:
- Design, write, test, and document software for geographically distributed products
- Design system level and device level automated tests
- Maintain legacy firmware
- Develop firmware for new products
- Ensure production code meets regulatory requirements, coding guidelines and adheres to best practices
What you must have:
- 4-year degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent field
- Proficient in C or C++
- Proficient in Python
- Experience cross compiling embedded development
- Experience with automated testing
It’d be great if you also had experience with:
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or other cloud platforms
- Wireless protocols: LTE-M, NB-IoT, WiFi, Bluetooth and Ultra-wideband (UWB)
- Low power microprocessors
- Computer security and cryptography
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $126,000 - $192,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.