X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the Team:
We are a team working to rapidly decarbonize the electric grid. Our mission is to help create a shared understanding of what is happening on the grid for everyone who is involved in building, managing and using it.
About the Role:
As a member of Tapestry’s Software Engineering Team, you’ll have the opportunity to own an area of our growing technical moonshot. We are rapidly growing in multiple software areas, hence looking for technical contributors with diverse backgrounds.
How you will make 10x impact:
- Build and own end-to-end software systems and develop product or system solutions for ambiguous problems.
- Rapidly develop prototypes to evaluate feasibility and integrate with our platform.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams of engineers, scientists, and domain experts.
- Work with collaborators across X and Alphabet to apply, modify, and develop new ideas, techniques, algorithms, and tools as needed.
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 5+ years of experience designing and building production software systems with automated testing and CI/CD processes.
- Experience working with Cloud Technologies, including Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Java/Golang, OpenAPI, gRPC, Protocol Buffers, Spring Boot
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, Indexing engines, API development, profiling and optimization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
It would be great if you also had these:
- A passion for decarbonizing the electric grid
- Large scale, cloud-based infrastructure development
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $126,000 - $192,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.