X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the Team:
Chorus intends to transform the way we make, move and manage the worlds’ goods.
About the role:
You will be a Machine Learning Lead that will manage a team of ML & Data Scientists. This opportunity allows you to work collaboratively with Engineering and Product Development to develop and deploy ML driven solutions into multiple markets.
How you will make 10X impact:
- Build a high performing, intellectually curious and diverse team
- Collaborate actively with engineering, product development and partner services to drive the vision behind ML driven solutions
- Building models that we can rapidly iterate and test in the field with our partners and clients
- Building production ready models that can handle massive amounts of data
- Developing orchestration schemes that can predictably guide operations across industries
What you should have:
- 7+ years of working experience in ML or AI, in particular, ML modeling and performance tuning.
- Experience developing customer facing applications
- People management experience
- An advanced degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Experience with full ML product lifecycle - exploration, piloting and productization
- Software development experience
It’d be great if you also had these:
- Strong experience with Google ML/AI tools such as TensorFlow, Colab, XManager, Vertex AI
- Experience with data analytics and SQL query
- Experience with GCP (Google Cloud Platform) or other cloud platforms
- Experience with startup-like dynamic environments
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $174,000 - $276,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.