X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the team:
The Experience (People & Culture) team’s mission is to empower all Xers to achieve personal and team greatness in service to radical and inclusive innovation. We believe moonshot taking requires Xers to act in a way contrary to how most of society- especially adult working life teaches us to be: seek risks (albeit smart ones), put aside fears (e.g. of failure), and balance short-term progress with longer term investment. The Experience team designs and operates the structures that enable this growth. We are trusted thought partners that make business-critical decisions while championing our greatest assets - our people and our culture.
About the role:
X is looking for a Program Manager who will be responsible for end-to-end operations, project management, and process improvement of our Recognition programs. This role will require you to think big, use data to guide your work, challenge convention, and then ground yourself in practicality to get things done. You’ll collaborate with senior leadership, managers, people operations, culture, finance, and others across X. You are scrappy and resourceful, creative and driven -- and excited to share in the magic of working at X.
You will own the execution, design, and iteration of X’s Performance & Promotion program operations. Additionally, you will support Rewards (e.g.,, compensation) programs in peak seasons, and general People operations as needed. The ideal candidate is someone who is resourceful and can function like a swiss army knife in multiple People operations domains. You are experienced with change management, love learning, and thrive in an organization that rapidly iterates.
How you will make 10X Impact:
- Planning and executing our Performance management & Promotion programs
- Designing and iterating on the future of performance & advancement, as well as other Rewards & Recognition programs, to reinforce our culture and unlock the potential of all Xers
- Manipulate large data sets in complex ways; advise business stakeholders on strategic initiatives with data insights
- Flawlessly manage and optimize our people programs and processes with an eye for operational excellence
Audacious skills and mindsets you bring:
- 2+ years of work experience in People Operations (or similar experience)
- Proven project management skills with a bias for action and strong execution
- Experience in improving and identifying issues in processes, suggesting user-focused improvements, and navigating/influencing cross-functional teams to drive these changes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrated ability to keep information confidential
It would be great if you also had these:
- A passionate interest in being a guardian of and contributor to X's culture
- Previous experience supporting performance management, promotions, and/or other recognition programs
- High level of self-initiative, creativity, perseverance and flexibility
- A growth mindset approach to work and an interest in learning new domains
- Diplomatically challenge and influence audiences (including senior leaders) by leveraging data and insights
- Affinity for technology, including intermediate to advanced aptitude with spreadsheets and/or SQL
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.