X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
We're an early stage team at X with a growing, interdisciplinary portfolio. To prove our path to the moon, we make early contact with the real world through both internal and external partnerships.
You will be part of a very small, early stage project and should be willing to roll up your sleeves and get things done while having a high tolerance for ambiguity. There is no task that is either below or above you. You should be self directed and comfortable operating independently with minimal guidance. This is a great opportunity to build technology from the ground up to fundamentally impact people’s health. If you are excited to help us build a moonshot to solve some of the biggest problems in health, we’d love to talk with you.
How you will make 10x impact:
Activities expected of this hire will include but are not limited to:
- Architect and build pipelines to efficiently process terabytes of experimental data for downstream analysis, storage and modeling efforts.
- Develop tools that help all team members drive to faster actionable insights of the data.Work collaboratively with a small interdisciplinary team of software engineers, computational biologists and experimental biologists
What you should have:
- MS/PhD degree in Computer Science / Mathematics / Bioengineering and other relevant fields
- 7 years of professional experience in software development and/or has functioned as a Technical Lead.
- Experience with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods.
- Experience building ETL pipelines, working with distributed computing and developing data schemas.
It’d be great if you also had these:
- Has the thought process of an architect who loves to prototype and iterate towards a solution.
- Knowledge of genomic sequencing techniques, analysis and tools.
- Experience working in a start-up environment and comfortable designing solutions that have a high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Passionate about enabling the best life for everyone.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.