X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the Team:
Mineral’s mission is to scale sustainable and regenerative farming globally through computational agriculture. This means organizing and analyzing the planet’s agricultural data collected by a new generation of intelligent equipment & sensors, improving farm profitability and sustainability through plant-by-plant management, and unlocking biodiversity and resiliency through radically more efficient crop breeding.
About the Role:
- Own the operational design and execution of one or more employee life-cycle programs or events and other projects, including: working on onboarding, transfers, intern / university programs, organizational changes, new office launches, offboarding, or other emerging needs.
- Document and help evolve Mineral’s people processes, taking a data-driven approach to spotting and acting on opportunities to improve, automate, or innovate on how we work.
- Partner with key stakeholders and internal partners such as Employment Legal, Talent, and finance to ensure our HR processes and policies are aligned with and deliver on their needs.
- Provide day-to-day consultation and transactional support to Mineralites, managers, POps, and Talent.
- Work cross-functionally within the People team and across Alphabet as needed to resolve employee issues, develop programs and policies, or improve processes
What You Should Have:
- 3-5 years of experience in an HR operations or analyst role, preferably in a high growth, high volume, and changing environment
- Experience in improving and identifying issues in processes, suggesting user focused improvements
- Proven project management skills and experience contributing to the design and owning the delivery of specific action items on behalf of a company-wide program,
- Ability to thrive in and make sense of a fast-paced and high growth environment
It Would Be Great If You Also Had These:
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to proactively identify opportunities to streamline processes with a high level of creativity, perseverance, independence and flexibility.
- A technical bent and experience working with systems to improve/automate business processes.
- Exceptional attention to detail, solid time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Persuasive communication and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated track record of developing effective partnerships and relationships across all levels of the organization.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.