X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the team:
We are a team working to rapidly decarbonize the electric grid. Our mission is to help create a shared understanding of what is happening on the grid for everyone who is involved in building, managing and using it. Learn more about Tapestry here.
About the role:
As a fullstack software engineer you will work across the entire stack, helping the team to design and implement state-of-the-art applications. You will work with amazing and talented people, who work on highly creative and ambitious efforts. You will work closely with other software engineers, UX, machine learning experts, domain experts and product managers to plan, coordinate and integrate your work.
How you will make 10X Impact:
- Design and implement robust, production-level software to make complex data accessible through web applications and APIs.
- Drive technologies and product development for the energy domain, including data management and visualization.
- Rapidly develop prototypes to evaluate feasibility
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams of engineers, scientists, and domain experts.
- Interface with external partners to refine technical requirements
What you should have:
- BS/MS in EE, CS, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing web applications using technologies such as Angular 2+ and Typescript.
- Experience with backend integration and data pipelines.
It’d be great if you also had these:
- Expertise in the following frontend technologies: Google Maps APIs, D3, Plotly, WebGL.
- Experience with visualizing complex time series and geospatial data on the web.
- Knowledge in the following backend technologies: Golang, Java, Protocol Buffers, gRPC, Spanner, Pub/Sub, monitoring.
- Ability to work in a small team / rapid prototyping environment.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.