X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
We are a team working to rapidly decarbonize the electric grid. Our mission is to help create a shared understanding of what is happening on the grid for everyone who is involved in building, managing and using it.
How you will make 10x Impact:
- Lead product-related efforts associated with electric grid data visualization, model management, and vehicle-based sensor solutions (e.g. solutions to enable data-related insights while improving the quality, recency, and accuracy of power grid-related data) in both the transmission and distribution domains.
- Provide thought-leadership internally and externally.
- Drive and own strategic programs that are large and complex, span multiple organizations, and have a direct measurable business impact on what are often product areas or company-level OKRs.
- Set strategy and objectives, drive organizational change, and solve problems holistically independent of organizational boundaries.
- Propose, design, develop, and evaluate software and analytics-based solutions (e.g., ML-based, cloud-based, etc.) to meet customers' needs.
- Work with a team of engineers, scientists, product managers, and grid operators to transition prototypes into production.
- Engage closely with existing and prospective partners on new technologies that transform how the grid is planned and operated.
- Explore the energy technology landscape and quickly evaluate ideas and concepts.
What you should have:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Data Science, Statistics, or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrable product management experience in either electric grid solutions or industrial / vehicle-based sensors.
- Ability to execute and iterate quickly with ever-changing problem sets and environments.
It’d be great if you also had these:
- Research or industry experience in ML systems, cloud computing, mobile sensor platforms, or IoT-based projects.
- Solid problem solving and cross-team communication skills.
- Knowledge of recent developments in energy-related technologies such as microgrids, battery storage, industrial internet of things, or inverters.
- Knowledge of electric-grid modeling and/or challenges in grid-related data.
- Interest in sustainability and/or product management in a startup-like environment.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.