X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
Born from X, the moonshot factory, and working alongside teams at Google, we’re building a new type of robot. One that can learn by itself, to help anyone with (almost) anything. With one foot in today, and the other in tomorrow, we seek to turn the helper robots of science fiction novels into reality. Doing this requires taking on the hardest problems in robotics. All so we can work towards a future where helper robots are a part of a better everyday, for everyone.
We know that no company, no moonshot, no wild idea is greater than the efforts of the people behind it. Our team is thoughtful, driven and deliberately diverse, working together in a creative and collaborative environment, where everyone’s perspectives and expertise is valued.
We’re looking for a state estimation software engineer. Find out more about us, and meet the people behind the robots on our website.
Role & Responsibilities
- You will join a team of passionate roboticists dedicated to designing and implementing algorithms in a sophisticated robotics system
- You help build our robot's perception capabilities
- You will work across subject areas including full-body state estimation, calibration and tracking by addressing sensor modeling and characterization, motion modeling and uncertainty propagation
- Enable accurate grasping of tiny objects
- Enable highly detailed large-scale indoor mapping.
- Speed up the development of reliable tracking of people and other moving objects.
Skills you should have
- Ability to code in C++
- Filtering-based and/or optimization-based state estimation and/or calibration
- Hands-on experience with sensors
What we hope you have
- Knowledge of Bayesian statistics and error propagation
- In-depth understanding of the physical principles, signal processing, and limitations of IMUs, LiDAR, and encoders
- Creation and handling of large datasets for statistical analysis and machine learning
- Experience in localization, mapping, tracking, full-stack robotics, robot navigation, system identification, signal processing or similar fields
At Everyday Robots, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community.
If you require additional accommodations during the interview process, please let us know.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.