X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the Team:
We are a team of scientists and engineers dedicated to creating transformative computational platforms for agriculture. Our moonshot is to Scale sustainable farming globally, through computational agriculture. Read more about this Moonshot here and here.
We’re looking for a Machine Learning Infrastructure Software Engineer. If you have relevant experiences and are excited to make a difference in global food production and climate change, we’d love to talk with you.
How you will make 10x impact:
- Designing and implementing of ML infra platform to automate and scale high-quality perception services.
- Improving reliability and scalability of the data processing platform.
- Expanding the data processing platform to support multi-surface applications.
What you should have:
- BA/BS degree (In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience).
- Experience with backend infrastructure
- Good understanding in basic computer vision and machine learning methods.
It would be great if you also had these:
- Willing to work in a fast-paced, start-up like environment. Fast learner who is able to think through and adapt to new problems quickly
- Strong team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working on large-scale consumer facing products and handling large traffic.
- Demonstrated ability to operate across the full range of product development (from ideation to launch/scale).
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.