X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
X Mineral is a team of scientists and engineers dedicated to creating a transformative computational platform for agriculture. Our moonshot is to scale sustainable farming globally, through computational agriculture. Read the X blog post here.
Agriculture background preferred but not required — just the curiosity and passion to learn. If you are excited to make a difference in global food production and have a positive impact on climate change, we’d love to talk with you.
This is an opportunity to come in at the ground level and help manage the projects for an early stage team innovating quickly at the intersection of agriculture, machine learning, and edge computing. We are working to push the boundaries of what is possible in a rapidly evolving field. You’ll need to work with the product managers, engineering / science / operation teams to identify the opportunities, allocate resources, foresee the risks and blockers, and build the products that transform this space.
How you will make an Impact:
You will be working across multiple functions spanning the entire HW and SW stack, to define, build, and optimize; focusing on product deliverable to customers. You will ensure schedules, commitments and priorities are aligned across SW and HW teams.
In this role you will be directly involved with shaping and driving our multi-year roadmap for products:
- Manage highly complex and mission critical cross functional HW and SW projects. Interface with engineering managers and engineers across both HW & SW, estimate work efforts, define milestones and manage resources. Drive features end to end, track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders.
- Engage and energize the project teams to achieve aggressive goals across multiple organizations
- Proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress. Identify communication gaps, manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities. Drive results proactively.
- Understand technical implementation at the architecture level and propose technical alternatives when necessary. Ask questions that clarify priorities and push the team to be highly effective. Develop broad domain and technical knowledge.
- Establish new processes, identify systemic problems and recommend solutions.
- Partner with PMs and lead to set up strategy, plan and manage our multi-year roadmaps.
What you should have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience in program management
- Experience in technical leadership, leading project teams, and developing technical roadmaps
- Experience working on mobile app / web development, hardware/software, and embedded system development
It would be great if you already had these:
- Experience in agricultural program management. Hands on engineering experience highly desirable
- Key contributor to multiple complex large scale projects, driving technically cross-functional projects across multiple organizations
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically. Communicate and influence with multiple levels including executive leadership, partners, managers, and engineers to develop strategic relationships and drive execution effectively
- Ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions. You can take a vague problem, crisply frame the challenge, identify a path forward, and drive an initiative over the finish-line
- Ability to work effectively with highly technical engineering teams, with good track record
- Experiences in developing process where little exists, but demonstrated flexibility to get things done
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At X, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Alphabet is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.