X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
THE FOUNDATION OF AN AMAZING JOURNEY
Our goal at X is to make the world a radically better place. In order to do that we seek fresh unexpected perspectives, from different fields, and that’s why we’re excited about you.
Life here isn’t easy, but it’s fun. We’re trying to build things most people can’t even imagine, and we’re doing it with the hope of making a huge, positive impact on the world. You’ll be embedded into a moonshot project, where you’ll partner with team members to solve key challenges.
This isn’t your ordinary internship. You’ll be positively challenged and pushed professionally, in ways that you may have never experienced. If this excites you - keep reading.
DURING YOUR INTERNSHIP YOU CAN EXPECT:
- To be placed on one of our confidential or public X projects
- To get paid competitively and with Google benefits
- To be part of a lively community of other Interns and Residents
- To addend colloquium and discussions with team leads from across Google, DeepMind and external organizations
- Location: X's headquarters in Mountain View, CA
- Start Date(s): Year-round rolling basis
- Duration: a flexible 4 mo. to 1 year program based on project team needs and your availability
- Must be enrolled in an academic program and working towards completing an Undergraduate or Master’s degree
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON:
- Collaborating with the X project team to experiment and build towards a better software future
- Rapidly develop prototypes to evaluate feasibility of various approaches; dispassionately assess performance and help team scope next steps
- Apply, modify, and develop AI technology
- Develop tools and interfaces for large-scale data processing, user interaction, and evaluation
- Work cross-functionally with experts at X, from Alphabet, and academia
- Engaging with the Internship community during the program (learning Moonshot thinking, attending colloquium and tech talks) & having fun!
- Currently enrolled in a Computer Science Masters program (or similar)
- A fast learner with strong coding skills in Java/Python or equivalent
- Passionate about development and the future of software engineering
- Experience developing Applied Machine Learning projects
- Ability to work in a small team / rapid prototyping environment and deal with uncertainty and fluidity
- Experience working in a startup/research environment
- Familiarity with large-scale data processing
- Aptitude in TensorFlow or Jax
- Open-source projects and contributions that demonstrate strong coding skills
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.