X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the Team:
We are a team of scientists and engineers dedicated to creating transformative computational platforms for agriculture. Our moonshot is to scale sustainable farming globally, through computational agriculture. Read the X blog post here.
How you will transform agriculture:
- Conduct experiments or study to get a deep understanding of problems
- Develop new methodologies, or machine learning models to solve problems
- Rapidly develop prototypes to evaluate feasibility; dispassionately assess performance and help team scope next steps
- Apply, modify, and develop new algorithms and software tools as the project demands
- Work cross-functionally with experts from X, Alphabet, and academia
What you should have:
- PhD in Computer Science (equivalent field) or MS with strong research background
- Strong track record of publication in machine learning venues like NeurIPS, CVPR, etc
- A fast learner with strong coding skills in languages like Python, C++.
- Ability to work in a small team / rapid prototyping environment and deal with uncertainty and fluidity
It is nice to also have:
- Experience in remote sensing
- Experience in deep learning framework like Tensorflow, JAX
- Experience in perception technology
- Experience working in a startup or research environment
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.