X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
Born from X, the moonshot factory, and working alongside teams at Google, we’re building a new type of robot. One that can learn by itself, to help anyone with (almost) anything. With one foot in today, and the other in tomorrow, we seek to turn the helper robots of science fiction novels into reality. Doing this requires taking on the hardest problems in robotics. All so we can work towards a future where helper robots are a part of a better everyday, for everyone.
We know that no company, no moonshot, no wild idea is greater than the efforts of the people behind it. Our team is thoughtful, driven and deliberately diverse, working together in a creative and collaborative environment, where everyone’s perspectives and expertise is valued.
We’re looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Software Engineer to help us scale. Find out more about us, and meet the people behind the robots on our website.
As our newest Backend Infrastructure engineer, you will be helping us advance our moonshot by growing the team's set of cloud capabilities. You will have the opportunity to learn from, problem solve with, build for, and support several teams across services, tools, infrastructure, and more while building powerful robot machine learning, mapping, diagnostics, remote operations, monitoring systems and more.
- Gather requirements for, design, implement, and instrument systems that support the Everyday Robot Project's needs for low-latency, high-bandwidth, and high-availability communications to and from robots operating in the field, and as simulated instances.
- Work with and contribute to our growing cloud infrastructure (e. g. Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Cloud Functions, Cloud ML, etc.)
- Help us bridge the gap between our systems running in GCP/GKE and internally hosted services.
- Collaborate closely with, and in some cases directly on, frontend code, robot systems, CLI scripts, and other tooling.
- Industry experience developing distributed systems using cloud technologies (Microservices, Load Balancing, Networking, Security, Architecture).
- Experience with containerized computing platforms and related concepts (Docker, Kubernetes, Clusters).
- A solid understanding of networking security principles (TLS, Certificate Authorities, OAuth, JWT Tokens, Service Accounts, etc), and how they apply in cloud systems.
- Experience developing in Go, including deep understanding of control flow, and language specific concepts.
- An appetite for diving deep into related technologies and systems. In robotics, many things are interconnected, and you will find yourself diving into cloud services, data stores, on-robot systems, automating processes, and more.
- Experience in a variety of other languages including but not limited to: C++, Java, Typescript, and/or Python.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure supporting IoT, self-driving vehicles, or other hardware systems
- Experience with building distributed, low-latency, or multi-agent systems.
At Everyday Robots, we don't just accept differences - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you require additional accommodations during the interview process, please let us know.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.