X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
Born from X, the moonshot factory, and working alongside teams at Google, we’re building a new type of robot. One that can learn by itself, to help anyone with (almost) anything. With one foot in today, and the other in tomorrow, we seek to turn the helper robots of science fiction novels into reality. Doing this requires taking on the hardest problems in robotics. All so we can work towards a future where helper robots are a part of a better everyday, for everyone.
We know that no company, no moonshot, no wild idea is greater than the efforts of the people behind it. Our team is thoughtful, driven and deliberately diverse, working together in a creative and collaborative environment, where everyone’s perspectives and expertise is valued.
We’re looking for a Developer Infrastructure Software Engineer. Find out more about us, and meet the people behind the robots on our website.
- You will accelerate our engineers and improve engineer workflow
- You will increase our confidence in our robot releases, improving the customer experience
- You will identify problems, recommend solutions that consider both, short- and long-term needs, and implement the solution/coordinate the implementation across teams
Role & Responsibilities
- Measure and improve development velocity, and improve the stability of the release deployed to our fleet of robots, contribute to the team’s Sustainable Engineering roadmap
- Conduct dedicated efforts to improve the health of the code, reduce the flakiness and latency of the presubmit tests, measure our resource utilization and improve the confidence in our release by increasing our automated testing coverage.
- Write automation procedures to validate performance latency, behavior under stress/load and expose security issues, and apply learnings from past issues to generate test plans and improve future test coverage to increase robustness.
- Contribute to hardware and/or software design reviews and give input with regard to testability.
- Experience with high level programming languages (C++, python)
- Experience building and deploying complex systems in a production environment
- Experience with enterprise software development tools and infrastructure
- Ability to self-direct, not just your technical contributions, but the planning and scoping for a project
- Experience writing test frameworks
- Experience improving engineering workflows through automation
- Enjoys collaborating with teammates on difficult problems
At Everyday Robots, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you require additional accommodations during the interview process, please let us know.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $148,000 - $227,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.