X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
Born from X, the moonshot factory, and working alongside teams at Google, we’re building a new type of robot. One that can learn by itself, to help anyone with (almost) anything. With one foot in today, and the other in tomorrow, we seek to turn the helper robots of science fiction novels into reality. Doing this requires taking on the hardest problems in robotics. All so we can work towards a future where helper robots are a part of a better everyday, for everyone.
We know that no company, no moonshot, no wild idea is greater than the efforts of the people behind it. Our team is thoughtful, driven and deliberately diverse, working together in a creative and collaborative environment, where everyone’s perspectives and expertise is valued.
We’re looking for a Sr. Mechanical Engineer. Find out more about us, and meet the people behind the robots on our website.
- Lead the development of a robotic subsystem from concept through manufacturing
- Ensure the success of our learning robots through high quality designs
- Collaborate across the team and with external partners to bring Everyday Robots to life
- Manage the entire product design lifecycle of a robotic subassembly, including requirements capturing, concept generation, detailed design and analysis, testing, design release, and post release support
- Drive multi-functional collaborations with other engineers and engineering subject areas to deliver an end to end robotic system
- Design parts and assemblies for volume manufacturing including plastic, sheet metal, cast and machined components, including GD&T and tolerance analysis
- Collaborate with vendors on design and development including mechanical design, analysis, manufacturing, and assembly
- Use PLM systems to be responsible for the lifecycle of your designs
- Product design experience in industry including experience across multiple product types and lifecycles from concept through manufacturing
- Experience designing custom electro-mechanical systems including moving parts, actuation and sensors
- CAD experience and experience designing parts and systems for manufacturing (e.g. sheet metal, injection molding, die casting, extrusion)
- Experience using mechanical engineering analysis for part and system design including stress, thermal, tolerance analysis, and GD+T
- Project management skills coordinating and leading teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong growth mindset, and ability to work across teams
- Experience across multiple projects leading multi-functional teams to design, analyze and develop electro-mechanical systems
- Proficiency with SolidWorks and SolidWorks simulation
- Experience working with vendors and Contract Manufacturers to support design, analysis, and manufacturing
- Experience working on sophisticated mechatronic systems manufactured in volume
At Everyday Robots, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you require additional accommodations during the interview process, please let us know.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.