X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
Project Taara focuses on delivering high-throughput and long-range connectivity via Wireless Optical Communication (WOC) links. The software group develops embedded software for the WOC terminals and network management infrastructure in Google Cloud.
We are seeking an Software Engineer who is highly-motivated and enjoys working in a small, dynamic team environment. This individual possesses a passion for solving tough problems that can lead to high-impact advances in technology.
How you will make an impact:
- Design cloud software strategy
- Implement cloud software services and infrastructure
- Develop policies, models and mechanisms around service security and data privacy
What you should have:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar discipline.
- 5+ years in Software engineering
- Expertise with one or more of the following languages:
- Expertise in one or more of the following fields:
- Telecom / Networking
- Operating systems
- GCP knowledge
It would be great if you also had these:
- MS (or higher) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Cloud software experience
- Security engineering
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.