X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the team:
Tidal is a team at X working on a moonshot to protect the ocean and preserve its ability to support life and help feed humanity, sustainably. Our initial area of focus is on developing hardware and software technologies that bring greater visibility and understanding of what’s happening under the water. We’re building cutting edge hardware, deploying state of the art perception models, and working in one of the toughest environments on the planet. Learn more about Project Tidal.
About the role:
You will be a software engineer working to develop / deploy custom computer vision hardware devices built around the NVidia Xavier system. You would work directly with embedded and perception SWEs, infrastructure SWEs, Hardware engineers, research scientists as well as project leads.
What you should have:
- Strong C++ coding ability
- Interest and ability to work on different parts of the software stack for a fielded system (on board software to cloud-based processing to UI)
- Appreciation of performance implications of resource constraints (CPU, network bandwidth, latency)
- Ability to jump to random new tasks in a fast paced project to get things done / learn new things on a daily basis
It’d be great if you also had these:
- Experience setting up build and test infrastructure for a combined embedded-Cloud system
- Experience with security for field systems (bootloaders, software updates, credential management, securing Cloud connections)
- Experience with Cloud-based processing, e.g. for IoT
- Experience with low-level embedded coding (CUDA, bare metal, CAN bus or motors controllers)
- Experience with or a passion for robotics, controls, or mechanical systems
- Passionate about the environment, climate, and the ocean.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.