X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
PHYSICS/AI INTERN PROGRAM
Our team does basic research in machine learning by using tools and techniques from physics. We apply the scientific method to hard questions in deep learning, iterating between theory and experiment. Our goal is to drastically improve the state of the art by systematically identifying and addressing gaps in existing machine learning methods
- Duration: minimum 3 months, up to 1 year
- Location: (Currently Remote) Mountain View, California
- Requirements: Candidates must be enrolled in an academic program and be working toward completing their Masters or PhD degrees.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Understanding the project’s challenges
- Collaborating with Sr. Researchers on research topics and focus areas for publication
- Suggesting a number of ways in which physics can apply to machine learning challenges
- Currently enrolled in a Masters or Phd program in Physics, or STEM field such as CS, Physics, Chemistry, Neuroscience or Mathematics/Statistics with a strong interest in machine learning.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.